For more than 30 years, the experienced Detroit employment law attorneys at the Law Offices of Deborah L. Gordon have been aggressively representing individuals who are dealing with employment law issues.
We are selective with the cases we accept. We are not focused on high volume. If we take on your case it is because we believe we will obtain a successful result.
Out West Bloomfield employee rights attorneys know the ins and outs of most any employment legal matter. With our extensive experience and strong reputation, we confidently handle cases in the following areas:
- Discrimination: As a society, we have made great strides toward reducing harassment, however, it still exists and you should know your rights in the workplace.
- Age discrimination: You are employable, no matter how old you are, and if you are treated differently because of your age, you should seek legal guidance.
- Sexual discrimination and harassment: Being treated differently because of your gender is unacceptable. Ignoring it will not make it better. You need someone on your side.
- Employment retaliation: You cannot lose your job for reporting discrimination to your employer. If your job status changes at all after reporting an incident, call us.
- Whistleblower: You have noticed illegal activity at your place of employment. You report it to an outside agency and suddenly your job changes or you get fired. This is illegal.
- Police misconduct: Not all police officers were trained properly. When this happens, you can face injuries during an arrest. This should be addressed with an experienced lawyer.
- Wrongful discharge/termination: Michigan is an at-will state. This narrows the spectrum for these kinds of cases. Your termination has to be related to an illegal activity on the part of your employer.
- Family Medical Leave Act: If you have to take time off through this act to tend to a medical issue, the status of your job cannot change during your time off or when you return.
Contact the Law Offices of Deborah L. Gordon for More Information
We offer free initial consultations. Our experienced lawyers will determine if you have a case. Call 248-258-2500 or complete the contact form.